ep. 39: Jordan Soderholm
ABLE's fashion director talks about why ABLE is publishing its wages, how she cleared her skin by changing her cleanser, and the drugstore secret behind her beautiful eyelashes (+ a special offer from ABLE!)
Clothing prices are often so low because manufacturers pay sweatshop wages (we recommend this article for a fascinating breakdown of the real costs of fast fashion). Jordan told us about how ABLE is working to combat worker exploitation with its new initiative, AccountABLE, a social impact measurement platform designed to give customers a transparent look at ABLE's manufacturing partners. Through AccountABLE, ABLE is is the first company in the fashion industry to publish the lowest wages of the individuals employed by its manufacturing partners – and is encouraging other companies to do the same.
Jordan is as glamorous as you might imagine when you think of the words "fashion director," and that glamour extends to her beauty routine. In this episode, Jordan shared how she cleared her skin by switching cleansers and incorporating oils into her routine, her favorite "your lips but better" lip gloss, her drugstore secret for gorgeous eyelashes, and the tinted eyeshadow primer that makes her look pulled together with minimal effort. She also told us what it's like to be married to a perfumer (full disclosure: we couldn't be more jealous).
As a special treat for Mirror Mirror listeners, ABLE is offering 20% off your first order on its website when you enter the offer code MIRRORMIRROR at checkout. We recommend you use the code to snag this classic tote, this perfect jean jacket, or this gorgeous layering necklace.
Download the episode on iTunes or listen below, and scroll down for a full product breakdown.
jordan's desert-island products
Clockwise from left:
- ABLE Emnet Mini Pouch in Silver Metallic
- L'Oreal Voluminous Original Volume Building Curved Brush Mascara in Black
- Beautycounter Nourishing Cream Cleanser
- EltaMD UV Clear Facial Sunscreen Broad-Spectrum SPF 46
- Bumble and Bumble Thickening Dryspun Volume Texture Spray
- Ranger Station Santalum Eau de Parfum
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla
- NARS Lip Gloss in Dolce Vita
Other products/things discussed in this episode:
- Jordan's favorite charcoal mask is available here.
- Jordan uses Beautycounter oils.
- Jordan's friend who is a Board Certified Nurse Practitioner in Dermatology is Beth Higney. We can confirm that her Instagram has tons of valuable skincare tips and tricks.
- Jesse uses the EltaMD UV Physical Tinted Facial Sunscreen.
- A demonstration of the "triangle of light" concealer method Jesse described is here.
- Jesse loves the NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer for concealing blemishes.
- Jesse recommends the new Glossier Lash Slick Mascara.
- The tinted eyeshadow primer that Jordan uses is Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Sin.
- Jordan loves the Ouai Wave Spray.
- The charcoal dry shampoo Jesse mentioned is the Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Biotin Dry Shampoo.