ep. 25: Lauren Ledbetter
Designer and art director Lauren Ledbetter shares her holistic approach to beauty, the pantry staples she uses in her routine and the elements that make a great beauty brand.
Our guest this week is Lauren Ledbetter, a Nashville-based designer and art director specializing in branding.
A native of Seattle, Lauren worked as an art director at a record label before branching out on her own. Today, Lauren owns and operates a creative studio offering brand strategy, design, web and print design, and art direction. Lauren has worked with notable brands including Lululemon, The Dress Theory, 12th Table, WithCo, Common Table and others.
We talked to Lauren about how she got into the world of branding, her attraction to simplicity (in all areas of her life) and the elements that make a great beauty brand. Lauren shares her holistic approach to beauty and the everyday pantry items she uses in her routine, including the one product she thinks could cure the world. She also describes herself as a self-professed "sun worshipper" in constant pursuit of the perfect beach hair - and shares the products she uses to achieve the look in landlocked Tennessee.
Download the episode on iTunes or listen below, and scroll down for a full product breakdown.
lauren's desert-island products
- Del Mar Beach Supply Co. Sunscreen (currently unavailable)
- Bragg Organic Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar
- Beautycounter Nourishing Cream Exfoliator
- Sundown Naturals Turmeric
- Herbivore Botanicals Activate Face Mask
- Source Naturals Yaeyama Chlorella
- Herbivore Botanicals After Sun Soothing Aloe Mist and French Girl Organics Seat Spray
- doTERRA Grapefruit Citrus X paradisi
- 100 Foods to Stay Young
- Viva Naturals Organic Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil
- Arm & Hammer Pure Baking Soda
- Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides