EP. 10: stephanie pruitt talks about making a living as a poet, the magical powers of apple cider vinegar, and learning to love lipstick
Our guest this week is Stephanie Pruitt, poet and owner of No Starving Artist, a company that helps creative people learn how to earn a living by making art.
We talked to Stephanie about her favorite uses for apple cider vinegar, her recipe for a homemade undereye mask to eradicate bags and dark circles, and why you should be using a toothbrush to groom your eyebrows. Stephanie also talked about how she turned poetry into a profession, and how she helps other people learn how to monetize their creative endeavors.
Download the episode on iTunes or listen above, and scroll down for a full product breakdown!
You can find Stephanie online at www.stephaniepruitt.com and on Instagram @pruittstephanie.
stephanie's desert-island products
- Bragg Organic Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar*
- Simply Nature Organic Coconut Oil*
- Dove Beauty Bar
- Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay*
- Ruby Kisses Instant Fakes Mascara*
- Too Faced Melted Matte Liquified Long Wear Lipstick*
- Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in "Wolvesmouth"*
- MAC Studio Tech Foundation*
- Black Opal Even True Flawless Skin Liquid Makeup*
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream*
*Indicates items discussed on the podcast.
Other things discussed in this episode:
The instant espresso Stephanie uses for undereye bags and circles is Cafe Bustelo.
The recipe for Stephanie's Tumeric Tonic is:
Apple cider vinegar
One garlic clove
Stevia or raw honey to taste
Stephanie suggests drinking the tonic straight. Alternatively, she suggests making a big batch and freezing it in an ice cube tray; use two of the cubes and pour hot water over them to make a tea.
Download Stephanie's poetry chapbook, "Unblanking the Page," here.
more pics of stephanie & her work
thank you, stephanie!