EP. 04: Mckel hill on using your diet to combat breakouts, why pizza is a "sometimes" food, & HOW TO MAINTAIN A WORK/LIFE BALANCE
We talked to McKel about why host Jesse might be breaking out (hint: it involves eating too much pizza and not enough vegetables), the difficulty of maintaining a work/life balance, and the importance of owning ALL of the various red shades of NARS lip pencils.
Download the episode on iTunes or listen above, and scroll down for a full product breakdown and the recipe for McKel’s Beauty Papaya Potion we discussed on the show!
products discussed on the podcast
- Avene Thermal Spring Water
- Fresh Vitamin Nectar Vibrancy-Boosting Face Mask
- Joanna Vargas Rejuvenating Serum
- Joanna Vargas Daily Hydrating Cream
- Glossier Generation G Lipstick in "Jam"
- Glossier Generation G Lipstick in "Cake"
- Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in “Cruella”
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid
Other things discussed in this episode:
- The Nutrition Stripped Society McKel mentioned is now open for enrollment through May 3, 2017!
- The Nutrition Stripped Society is a guide to master meal planning.
- Learn how to make healthy eating simple for life with tools, a yearly meal plan, 100+ healthy recipes, cooking videos, and support from a global community.
- You can sign up at nutritionstripped.com/society.
- The natural mascara Jesse mentioned is Lily Lolo.
- McKel’s Stripped Green Smoothie recipe.
beauty papaya potion from #NScookbook
Loaded with beautifying minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants all aimed at playing a role in keeping your skin beautiful and your digestive system healthy and happy.
- 1 cup pumpkin seed milk (or another dairy free nut milk)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen papaya cubes
- 1 or 2 Medjool dates, pitted (or to taste)
- 1 Brazil nut
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon spirulina powder
- 2 teaspoons maca powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon chaga mushroom powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
In a high-speed blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Adjust the sweetness to taste by adding more dates. Blend with 1 or 2 ice cubes of serve over ice.
more pics of mckel
thank you, mckel!