Mirror Mirror Launch Event AT POPPY & MONROE
We always knew we wanted to have a party to celebrate the launch of Mirror Mirror. We didn't anticipate hosting the party, launching our first three episodes, dealing with iTunes and RSS feed problems, unveiling a new website, and announcing ourselves to the world all on the same day. But, thanks to a wonderful woman named Orlethia at Apple (hey and thanks Orlethia!), we somehow pulled it off, and it turned out to be quite the day to remember.
When we first thought about the event, we knew we wanted to work with as many women-owned businesses as possible and that we wanted to have it at Poppy & Monroe, a clean beauty collective run by two incredible women in a charming historic property in the Germantown neighborhood of Nashville. Owners Karen Kops and Sherri Coates generously lent us their backyard courtyard for the event and provided our guests with mini nail (Mirror Mirror themed of course) and makeup services. This event absolutely would not have been possible without Karen and Sherri's help, and we are forever grateful that they took a chance on a few unknown kids with a podcast dream. They are also beauty gurus as one would imagine, so stay tuned for an upcoming episode of Mirror Mirror featuring the women behind Poppy & Monroe!
Huge thanks to the other Nashville-based businesses who helped make this event possible:
- Molly Martin & Lyndi Stein for the menu of beauty foods that incorporated ingredients and produce from several women that will be featured on upcoming episodes of Mirror Mirror:
- 12th Table for the gorgeous rentals, including the most perfectly on-brand mirrored(!!) bar
- Jackalope Brewing Company for the beer
- Woodland Wine Merchant for the wine
- Jeffrey Bryan for the event photography
Scroll down to check out pics from the event!