EP. 18: jessica sloane talks transitioning from a career in social work to event design, why she got her first tattoo at age 37, and how she achieves her enviable no-makeup look
Our guest this week is Jessica Sloane, one of the most in-demand event designers in the United States.
Jessica's work has been featured in Once Wed, Style Me Pretty, Southern Living and Martha Stewart Weddings. Jessica has planned the weddings for clients including Rebecca Robertson of Duck Dynasty and Randy Houser and Alex Orbison. Currently, Jessica is in the midst of planning the big days for Kelly Clarkson, Rhett Atkins and Shay Mooney (of the duo Dan & Shay.)
We talked to Jessica about her transition from a career in social work to event design, her tips for dealing with wedding stress and how she helps her clients discover their inner voice. Jessica shared her road to resilience after divorce and why she got her first tattoo at age 37. Jessica also shared her tips for achieving the no-makeup look and her obsession with beautiful packaging.
Download the episode on iTunes or listen above, and scroll down for a full product breakdown!
jessica's desert-island products
- Glossier Boy Brow*
- Glossier Stretch Concealer*
- Herbivore Bamboo Charcoal Detoxifying Soap Bar
- Grown Alchemist Intensive Hand Cream: Persian Extract & Argan Extract*
- Beautycounter No. 2 Plumping Facial Oil
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo*
- Herbivore Coco Rose Lip Conditioner*
- LAVANDE Lavendar Bath Salts*
*Indicates items discussed on the podcast.
Other products discussed in this episode:
- Living Proof No Frizz Humidity Shield
- Lulu Organics Hair Powder
- Little Seed Farm Elasticity Serum
- Milk Blur Stick
- Milk Eye Vinyl
- Milk Face Gloss
- Glossier Cloud Paint
- Glossier Moisturizing Moon Mask
- Native Deodorant Coconut & Vanilla
- Little Seed Farm Deodorant Cream
- Ole Henriksen Uplifting Transformation Eye Gel
- Herbivore Detox Bath Salts
- Beautycounter Sheer Lipstick in Nude
- Glossier Birthday Balm Dot Com
- Glossier Mega Greens Galaxy Pack
- Byredo Rose of No Man's Land
- Herbivore Coco Rose Body Polish
jessica & her son
more pics of jessica
thank you, jessica!