EP. 12: Jen Auerbach talks about clary collection, herbal remedies and advice for new mothers
Our guest this week is Jen Auerbach, co-founder of Clary Collection, a company that manufactures small-batch, hand-blended, 100% natural and organic skincare products that are useful for the entire family.
Jen talked about how she and her business partner, Adriel Denae, launched Clary Collection after experimenting with age-old herbal skincare recipes in their own kitchens. Jen shared the potent medicinal properties of the herbs used in Clary Collection products - including calendula, chamomile, lavender and plantain - and how she and Adriel specially formulate each product to meet specific skincare needs. We also talked to Jen about childbirth and motherhood, and the comfort she found in her female friends - particularly Adriel - after she became a mother.
Download the episode on iTunes or listen above, and scroll down for a full product breakdown!
jen's desert-island products
- Jen's Homemade Herbal Tincture
- Konjac Sponge and Clary Collection Travel Bath + Body Oil
- Maison Louis Marie Perfume Oil in No. 04 - Bois de Balincourt (note: Maison Louis Marie products are also available in Nashville at Two Son, which is owned by Jen's friend James)
- Clary Collection Renew + Repair Oil
- The fluorite crystal Adriel gave to Jen to protect her during childbirth. Jen carries this crystal with her to keep her safe while traveling.
- This is a previous iteration of Jen’s homemade face serum, but Jen now gets her serums specially made at Lemon Laine. Clary Collection collaborated with Lemon Laine to open a one-of-a-kind oil bar where customers can create serums customized to their skin types!
- Clary Collection Clary Balm
- The Incense Match
- New Earth Mama Vibrational Remedy Essence (currently unavailable)
- Jen's Homemade Headache Remedy, made of jojoba oil, lavender oil and tea tree oil
- Green Envy Cosmetics Lavender Toner
- Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay
Other things discussed in this episode:
The homemade sunscreen recipe Jen mentioned is available here.
The recipe for the homemade, non-toxic surface cleaner Jen mentioned is available here.
more pics of jen
thank you, jen!