EP. 06: IVY ELROD talks about her days as a rockette, lash extensions, AND motherhood
Our guest this week is Ivy Elrod – the co-owner and co-creative director of Wilder, a design shop in Nashville.
We talked to Ivy about her high-low-indie mix of favorite beauty products, how to maintain your eyelash extensions (hint: don't pull them out), and whether Mason Pearson hairbrushes are actually worth the price. We also talked to Ivy about how becoming a mother – and how her relationship with her own mother – impacted her self-image.
Download the episode on iTunes or listen above, and scroll down for a full product breakdown!
ivy's desert-island products
- Make Up For Ever Artist Palette
- Mineral Fusion Lengthening Mascara
- Chanel CC Cream*
- Milk Makeup Sunshine Skin Tint*
- Milk Makeup Face Gloss*
- Bumble and bumble Tonic Lotion*
- John Frieda Frizz-Ease Extra Strength Hair Serum*
- Chanel Sublimage Essential Comfort Cleanser*
- Mad et Len Perfume (also available in-store at Wilder)
- Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask
- Mason Pearson Handy Mixture Bristle Hairbrush*
- Shu Uemura Essence Absolute Nourishing Protective Oil*
- Clarins Self-Tanning Instant Gel
- Clary Collection Clary Oil for Stretch Marks*
- Walgreens Eye Itch Relief Drops
- Tweezerman Folding Eyelash Comb*
*Indicates items discussed on the podcast.
Other things discussed in this episode:
- Joanna Vargas Rejuvenating Serum
- MAC 242 Shader Brush
- MAC 36 Brush (discontinued; the currently-available equivalent is the MAC 224 Tapered Blending Brush)
- Stila One Step Correct
- Ivy mentioned her friend Molly Guy, who helped Ivy prepare for her wedding. Molly can be found online at Stone Fox Bride.
- If you are in Nashville, Ivy recommends getting false lashes from Jordan at Wink Nashville.
- The oil balm Jesse mentioned is Clary Collection's Clary Balm.
more pics of ivy (past & present)
thank you, ivy!