EP. 02: gen sohr talks about the importance of beautiful product packaging, the best drugstore whitening product & her favorite red lipstick
Our guest this week is Gen Sohr. Gen and her husband Benjamin own Pencil & Paper Co., a design services company. Pencil & Paper Co. provide all types of design services, including architectural services, interior design and styling, and retail design and branding. They count Reese Witherspoon’s fashion and home brand, Draper James, among their clients.
In her interview, Gen explained how her design career influences her choice of beauty products, especially when it comes to product packaging. We also talked to Gen about being late because you can’t find your highlighter, the best MAC red lipstick, and (trying) to power through the “retinol uglies.” Gen also introduced us to Plus White, the best teeth whitening product (that happens to be less than $10). Download the episode on iTunes or listen above, and scroll down for a full product breakdown!
gen sohr's desert-island beauty products:
- Gen's To-Die-For Vintage Cosmetic Box Not Available for Purchase
- Tata Harper Revitalizing Body Oil*
- Plus White Premiere 5 Minute Speed Whitening Gel*
- Sonia Kashuk Brow Definer in “Taupe”* and M∙A∙C Lipstick in “MAC Red”*
- rms beauty Living Luminizer*
- Bobbi Brown Lip Pencil in Pale Pink*
- Bobbi Brown All Over Bronzing Gel SPF 15
- Dior Addict Lip Glow Color Reviving Lip Balm*
*Indicates items discussed on the podcast.
Other items discussed:
The spot treatment Host Jesse mentioned as being good for cystic acne is Renee Rouleau Anti-Cyst Treatment.