EP. 20: emmy singer shares why she left her 9-to-5 job in the music industry to open a music-based yoga studio, her trick for maintaining a perky topknot, and the og hairspray she can't live without
Our guest this week is Emmy Singer, co-owner of Inner Light Yoga, a music-based yoga studio in Nashville.
A native of Woodstock, New York, Emmy first moved to Nashville to pursue a career in the music industry. After three years doing around-the-clock marketing and social media for one of the biggest country music acts in the world, Emmy decided life was too short to do anything less than what she truly loved and left her job to pursue a full-time career in yoga. A few years later, Emmy and her husband joined forces and opened Inner Light Yoga in March 2017, Nashville's only music-based yoga studio.
We talked to Emmy about her career change and what it's like owning a business with your husband ("we have a great marriage counselor"). Emmy told us her trick for maintaining a perky topknot, the OG hairspray she can't live without, and which essential oil helps her fall asleep "in thirteen seconds." Because Emmy teaches three yoga classes a day, she also gave us her expert advice about which natural deodorants actually work, and she shared her recipe for homemade underarm wipes you can use to freshen up throughout the day.
Download the episode on iTunes or listen above, and scroll down for a full product breakdown!
emmy's desert-island products
- Plume Lash & Brow Enhancing Serum
- Young Living Cedarwood Essential Oil
- Lemon Laine Custom Oil
- Essential Oil (Emmy loves hazelnut, rosemary, tea tree, lavender and grapefruit oils)
- Fractionated Coconut Oil (similar here)
- Sleep Mask (similar here)
- Mason Pearson Pocket Mixture Nylon & Boar Brush
- Loreal Elnett Satin Extra Strong Hold Hair Spray
- Croc Hair Styling Clips (similar here)
Other items discussed in this episode:
- PrimarilyPure Deodorant
- Little Seed Farm Activated Charcoal Deodorant Cream
- Indie Lee Squalane Facial Oil
- Wet Brush
- Emmy goes to Sarah at Pure | Organic Salon & Spa, The Blowout Co for blowouts, and Kara at FACE Nashville for lash tint and curl treatments.
- To make Emmy's underarm pads, soak cotton pads in a jar with 1 tbsp. water, 1 tbsp. Witch Hazel, 1 tbsp. fractionated coconut oil, lavender oil, grapefruit oil, and Melrose essential oil.
emmy & her family
more pics of emmy
thank you, emmy!