EP. 09: Brittany farrar talks silk pillowcases, epsom salt baths, and how to contour your abs + a shares a sample (no equipment!) workout
Our guest this week is Brittany Farrar, a personal trainer, fitness guru, and director and co-owner of SHED Fitness Gulch.
We talked to Brittany about the self-tanner that won't sweat off during your workouts (if you're into that kind of thing), her favorite apple cider vinegar detox drink, and the best way to wash your silk pillowcases. Brittany also talked about the importance of strength training for women and how to motivate yourself to get to the gym.
Download the episode on iTunes or listen above, and scroll down for a full product breakdown + a sample, no-equipment-required workout from Brittany!
You can find Brittany on Instagram @brittany.farrar.
brittany's desert-island products
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo*
- Slip Silk Pillowcase*
- Wet Brush Pop Fold Detangling Hairbrush
- It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Treatment*
- Simply Organic Cayenne Powder*
- Trader Joe's Organic Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar*
- SaltWorks Ultra Epsom Premium Epsom Salt*
- Listerine Healthy White Mouthwash
- St. Tropez Gradual Tan Tinted Everyday Body Lotion*
*Indicates items discussed on the podcast.
Brittany's Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Drink Recipe
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 T Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2-3 dashes of cayenne pepper (or however much you can handle!)
Stir the ingredients into a tall glass of room temperature water and drink up!
Brittany's Full-Body, No-Equipment-Needed Workout
**30 second sprint
1 minute rest
*30 second sprint
1 minute rest
Complete twice (and then be VERY proud of yourself!)
more pics of brittany
thank you, brittany!