EP. 08: amber curry talks MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT natural hair, body positivity, and the $8 highlighter you will wear all summer
Our guest this week is Amber Curry, a hairstylist who specializes in natural hairstyles.
We talked to Amber about common misconceptions about natural hair — both women's misconceptions about their own hair, as well as societal misconceptions about what natural hair "should" look like. We also talked about Amber's favorite products, including her favorite products for women with natural hair, the exfoliating powder she swears by, and the $8 highlighter that we promise you are going to wear all summer.
Download the episode on iTunes or listen above, and scroll down for a full product breakdown!
amber's desert-island products
- DevaCurl MirrorCurls Ultimate Shine Serum
- Dermalogica Precleanse Oil*
- NYX Bright Idea Illuminating Stick in Sandy Glow*
- Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant*
- DevaCurl SuperCream Coconut Curl Styler
- Dermalogica Antioxidant Hydramist*
- Pureology Colour Fanatic Instant Deep Conditioning Mask*
- Amika Triple Rx Shampoo*
- DevaCurl Arc Angel Gel*
- Environ B-Active Sebuwash
- label.m Intensive Repair Conditioner*
*Indicates items discussed on the podcast.
Other things discussed in this episode:
- IGK Sold Out Curl Priming Basecoat
- DevaCurl Styling Cream Touchable Curl Definer
- NYX 3 in 1 Brow Pencil
- Aveda Wooden Paddle Brush
- Color FX Custom Enhancer Drops
- The oil cleansing video Jesse mentioned is here.
- Amber discussed buying her swimsuits at Swimsuits for All and Forever 21.
- You can watch the Destiny's Child segment on MTV's Cribs we discussed here.
more pics of amber & her work
thank you, amber!